Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Preparing For Visitors

I have two visitors coming starting Memorial Day Weekend. My best friend Lauren will be visiting from the night before Memorial Day to June 5th. The day she leaves, another online friend, Jen, will be arriving to spend the night while she visits the Philadelphia area. Thus, I intend to spend a lot of the next week and a half cleaning and preparing the apartment for their arrivals.

Today, I vacuumed the whole apartment. I usually don't bother with the back room. It doesn't have electricity. (There are plugs back there, but they don't seem to work.) I plugged it into one nearest to the door and vacuumed as well as I could. I also did around walls and in cracks I normally don't bother with.

My laundry never showed up, BTW. It turned out Dad's dryer broke. They had to take everyone's stuff over to Jodie's, and she forgot it was there. It's still at her house now. Hopefully, they'll be able to bring it over tomorrow.

Work was steady during the usual 4-6 rush hour, but otherwise quiet, with no major problems.

No comments: