Friday, February 15, 2008

Restless Heart

For some reason, I woke up at 6:30 in the morning after sleeping only about 4 and 1/2 hours. I was sweaty and my mouth was dry. I finally kicked off some blankets, got a drink of water, and tossed and turned for another hour before finally getting back to sleep and getting up at 9:30.

I guess I'm just restless. Or just plain scared. I wish I could transfer my success with losing weight into finding a job. Why can I lose 40 pounds, and not find a job? What's wrong with me? Why can't I make things happen? What is it about me that scares potential employers away? Is it my lack of skills? Or my distinct lack of experience? I wish things would just happen.

And when am I going to have someone to give me Valentine's candy, instead of buying cheap bags of Strawberry Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kisses the day after?

Today was (finally) laundry day. Dora the Explorer and her buddy Boots the Monkey travel to the end of the rainbow to find the last piece of a puzzle of a wizard - his wand. Isa the Iguana, Benny the Bull, and Tico the Squirrel join them, culminating in a ride in a rocket that takes them to the rainbow's end! This must be a recent story. Map's voice sounded a little different, less nasal and slightly less annoying.

Go Diego Go! took the world at a snail's pace today as he and Sammy the Three-Toed Sloth helped a mother sloth and her baby escape from the path of a mud slide.

The Backyardigans also had fun in the mud as Swamp Tour Guides Pablo and Uniqua take tourists Austin and Tasha on a trip around their gooey habitat. Tasha's not interested...until she hears about a possible moose monster under the waters of the swamp...

Work was surprisingly quiet for the Friday of a holiday weekend where most kids are out of school. I guess everyone's either saving their money for Monday or on vacation. My register froze about 20 minutes before I left and I had to switch, but other than that, this was a quiet night.

No comments: