Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chains of Frustration

This was a fairly quiet day off for me. I spent most of the early morning and afternoon at the library. I organized children's DVDs and helped some kids find what they wanted. A little girl wanted Dora the Explorer and was delighted to find the new Dora Saves the Snow Princess DVD. She also picked a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD for her older brother. I was hoping they'd have the newest Backyardigans DVD (looks like a spoof of Robin Hood legends from Amazon.com), but no dice.

I made brief stops at Super Fresh and Blockbuster after leaving the library, hoping to find the Good Eats DVD set I almost bought at Target. Once again, no luck. The did have the new Backyardigans DVD, but I'd really rather wait for that to come to the library. $15 seems a bit steep of a price to pay for four episodes of a kids' show that runs frequently on Nickelodeon, no matter how much I like it.

My to my annoyance, the chain came off the back of my bike AGAIN on my way home from the library. It did wait until I was a block from home to do it it, but I don't know why it's suddenly doing it so much at all. I don't know if it has to do with falling into the other bike so much, or being outside, or what. I really need to talk to my neighbor, but I haven't seen him lately. I did get the chain back on after much screaming and crying and fuss, but who knows how long it'll last?

I spent the rest of the afternoon very quietly baking a Spicy Rye Bread loaf (just ran out of the Corn Bread I made a while back) and fooling around online. The Acme had tried to call me in, but they did it too late. They wanted me to come in at 3, and I didn't get home and inside until almost quarter after 2. Besides, the hours were 3 to 9, and I had enough of that last night. I figured that if I wanted to be bored, I could do it just as well at home.

No comments: