Saturday, February 07, 2009

Warming Things Up

Spent most of the day at work. It was quiet when I got in at 10AM. I spent a lot of the morning doing returns. It didn't really start picking up until around 11:30-noon. Most of my customers were looking forward to the sudden warm spell we're supposed to be having this weekend. I'm not as crazy about it. First of all, 50 degrees doesn't feel like winter. Second, I don't mind cold weather. It gets the blood going and is a lot easier to breathe and ride a bike in. If you dress warmly, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Alas, my customers got their wish. There was still a ton of snow on the ground when I left for work around quarter of 10. By the time I got out of work, more than half the snow was gone, and it was about 45 degrees and sunny. While it did make for a nice ride, it was a little disappointing. I like it when it snows. I like that cozy winter feeling.

On the other hand, I did have a nice walk after work. It was so nice, I might have gone for a walk even if I hadn't needed to go to the bank. I did the White Horse Pike, stopping at the Oaklyn WaWa after the bank for a Chocolate Coke Zero. I saw a lot of other people out and about, too, parents and children in strollers and tons of dog-walkers, plus packs of roving teenagers looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

There was one advantage to the melting snow. On my way home, I found what was definitely one of my (fake) fur-trimmed gloves on the sidewalk on Kendall Boulevard. I've been looking for that glove. I must have dropped it on my way home some night last week and it was covered by the snow before I could find it. I've been using another pair that are much warmer anyway (I think these are getting a little thin), but it's nice to have a second pair.

No comments: