Friday, February 27, 2009

Stuck

I ended up spending most of today at work. The Acme called me in around 9AM. Two people called out, and they were already low on help, thanks to cutting hours. I'm really, really getting sick of this economy stuff. This is what happens when thousands of people buy things they don't need and can't afford on credit, which is why I don't trust credit cards.

Work was very busy, made even worse by the lack of help and increase of panicky employees. We're also getting closer to the beginning of the month, with all the obnoxious people who come out around that time. One woman threw a fit when her spicy chicken wings didn't come up the price she thought they were and flounced off to check the price herself, ignoring the fact that I'd already started her order and I had a line! I could have sent for a bagger to check the price if she'd had a little patience. Why do people shop when they're in a hurry?

There were carts filled with Valentine's Day leftovers early this afternoon - stationary, heart-shaped containers, cookie cutters, bags, cheap stuffed animals and jewelry boxes, hair items, wrapping paper, pink-and-red napkins and paper plates. At first, we were told they were free, but then a bunch of the general merchandise managers started to complain. They finally decided that yes, it was still free...but that employees could only browse through it on their own time. I put many items back before I finally ended up with four plain red plastic heart containers that'll be great to hold cookies or slices of cake for birthday presents.

No comments: