Sunday, February 22, 2009

Unchained

Slept in and spent most of the morning hanging out. I called Mom after I had Buttermilk Dark Chocolate Chip Pancakes and an orange for breakfast. Mom herself was fine. She was cleaning up the house and waiting for Dad and Keefe to come home from the dock. I told her about my sinus problems last week, about not getting a hold of Rose, and about my savings account and mall trip. I tried to steer her clear of discussing the economy - she's really worried about it, probably because she and Dad don't have a lot of money and Cape May County's been economically depressed since I was a kid, thanks to its "summer resort" status and the lack of people living there year-round who aren't ancient millionaires.

I can't believe they're gonna demolish the Beach Theater, too! The Beach Theater is Cape May's only movie theater. I saw my first movies there. WHY? WHY? I thought Cape May was supposed to be dedicated to PRESERVING history, not destroying it. Didn't Wildwood just get this bug out of its system? Did they give the disease to Cape May, too? Seriously, does everything HAVE to be a condo...especially now, when no one's buying housing? Can't they just rebuild the theater, or build shops or schools or something that isn't a dumb, stupid, worthless, useless, idiotic CONDO?

I hate condos, and I hate ancient millionaires. X(

I got a hold of Rose, too. We're going to try to get together and do Yogawood on Wednesday. Mom says she's having trouble with her medication - she's forgetting things and not eating. I hope she remembers this time.

Work was boring. It was steady when I came in, dead when I left, and it took FOREVER. On my way home, the chain came loose on my blue stationary bike again, for the second time in less than a week. I don't know why it's suddenly doing this. I haven't had this problem with it before. I hope my neighbor's around tomorrow to check it out. I really wish I knew how to do it myself, though.

No comments: