Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Working Woman

I got up in time to run to WaWa and pick up some milk before running to work. Today was my seven hour shift, 12-7, and it was surprisingly busier and less of a problem than yesterday. The only real trouble was in my first hour there. Some nitwit had a cart loaded up with soda and fruit punch and tried to get away with buying half our inventory. Though Marlene and Sharon finally let him get away with it because he was being such a jerk, Steve, our head manager, later told us I was right for making a fuss - the guy should have been only allowed to buy five - and no more - of each flavor he wanted. We all know what they're doing. They sell that soda and fruit punch to chop shops in Camden. I really wish they'd be more careful with those people at the store and stop letting them get away with something that's really illegal.

Other than that, I had no problems getting on or off or to or from work. The weather was gorgeous, sunny, not as windy, and in the mid-30s, about what it should be this time of year. My handlebars did get a bit loose again on the way to work, but I brought the bike tool with me this time and fixed them before heading out. They seemed ok on the way home - we'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: