Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sisterly Balance

Rose (finally) met me at Yogawood to join today's class. It went really well, for both of us. The class was fairly small (about 8, including the two of us and teacher Jill), and the moves weren't too difficult today. I surprised myself when I barely bobbled on an Eagle pose, which involves a lot of balancing on one foot. Rose surprised ME when she was able to do a "full wheel" back bend - I can barely get on my elbows and feet for a bridge! Rose not only said she really liked it and would love to come back next week, but Jill announced they're going to add another $7 morning class on Tuesdays, this one a Yoga/Pilates combination that might be more Rose's speed (and easier on both our schedules).

I spent the rest of a gorgeous afternoon at home. I swept my porch, then made snickerdoodles, sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar, to refill my empty cookie jar. My rides to and from Yogawood and work were great - sunny, chilly but not too much so for this time of year (lower 40s, I think), and windless.

(Incidentally, whatever I did to the handlebars on the mountain bike last night at work seemed to have done the trick. They didn't wobble once going to or from work.)

Work was steady when I came in at 3:30, extremely dead when I left at 8:30. It was so dead, I spent the last half-hour doing returns.

No comments: