Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Nose Is Running

And no, I'm not going to catch it. I'm having another sinus attack. I've been sniffling and sneezing all day again. I don't know why it happens. Every couple of weeks, my nose will decide it just doesn't want to cooperate, and I spend the day sneezing all over everyone. I'll be fine the next day. No amount of sinus or allergy medicine seems to work. It wasn't the weather this time, either. Today was a gorgeous, sunny, windless, 40 degree day, perfectly normal for February in Southern New Jersey. The last time my nose acted up, we were in the midst of that snow/ice storm we had two weeks ago.

I slept in, had a late breakfast of apple-cinnamon buttermilk pancakes, and chatted with Mom. She was fine - yes, she and Anny did get the valentines I sent and Daddy's birthday card. They took Dad out to dinner, and Mom bought him two cakes from the Shop Rite in Rio Grande. One, a White Chocolate Cake, was apparently so rich and full of chocolate, they could barely eat more than a piece each!

Poor Keefe is apparently spending yet another holiday weekend sick in bed, this time with a very nasty cold. He probably gets it from babysitting at Anny's house. Her boyfriend lays tiles and wood floors for a living and comes home with everyone's germs and all the germs from the old tiles all over him.

I spent the rest of the morning finally posting this month's Monkees role-play main story, Castaways, about the group being stranded on a tropical island, along with two relevant short stories. Look for more short stories later this week!

I was almost late for work, but perhaps because of the nice weather, it was much less crazy today than yesterday. We were busy but not insane through around 4:30, after which it quieted down considerably. Everyone must have done their shopping yesterday.

I saw Jodie, my biological father's girlfriend, at work. She said she was going to make a big roast beef dinner and asked me if I wanted to join them. I said "Sure!," and headed over there right after going home and changing my shirt. Jodie, Dad, and Jessa were just sitting down to eat as I arrived. We had salad, roast beef, boiled potatoes and carrots, creamed corn, and biscuits. It was all really, really good. The roast was excellent, nice and tender. I was really hungry and ate seconds on everything except for the corn.

(And I was right - Dad, Jodie, and Jessa were visiting Uncle Ken when I dropped by yesterday. Poor Uncle Ken. He's all doped up after his surgery and is apparently giving the nurses a hard time, which he never does. Dad says he's usually charming to them.)

I bought the Peanut Butter Sandwich Girl Scouts cookies for dessert while going to work this afternoon. I always buy Girl Scouts cookies when I see them. My sisters used to have so much trouble trying to sell their cookies to the five people still living in Cape May in the middle of winter when they were in the Girl Scouts, and I want to make sure other kids don't have the same problems.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Were you a Girl Scout too?

Emma said...

Nope. I was too shy. I didn't think they'd want me around. :">