Monday, August 29, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day

It remained absolutely gorgeous when I headed out to do my laundry this morning. Sunny and dry, with yesterday's wind replaced by a cool breeze. No wonder the laundromat was busy. This was added to a larger laundry load than usual. I had new clothes to break in and towels to wash along with the usual things. Thankfully, my timing was good. I just got a washer, but by the time my load was out, most of the driers were open.

Thankfully, what I can see in the neighborhood appears to be fine. There were trucks picking up the larger downed limbs, but all wires were in place, and there were no large trees on the street. There weren't even many puddles left. The underpass that goes beneath the train bridge on West Clinton looks like it may have flooded, but there's nothing but a puddle or two and dirt there now.

I had a quick lunch of leftovers at my place while working on the DVDs I'm going to send Lauren. The movie I taped ended just in time for me to head out. This time, I rode to and from work with no problems.

Work was quiet, especially for the beginning of the month. A lot of people may have done their shopping during the pre-Irene panic on Friday. It was steady during the 4-6 rush hour, but died quickly afterwards. It was so quiet by 8PM, the managers were originally going to ask me to stay when a cashier called out, but opted to send me home instead when there just wasn't enough to do.

No comments: