Monday, April 09, 2012

Avoiding the Wind

Though I did get up at a decent time, I had a few things to do this morning before work. The big one was sending off a few late Easter cards, including one to my brother in the Navy. That took longer than I thought, and between that and the heavy wind, I just barely got in on time.

As it turned out, I probably could have taken all day. We were dead for most of the afternoon and quite a bit of the evening. It got busy during rush hour, but otherwise, I either stood around or did candy. Other than a father-mother pair early on who fussed over soda prices, there were no problems with customers. The problem was the same one we always have during holiday weeks - ie, lack of help. Not only did a lot of people who normally work in the day take their vacation time, but the teenager who was supposed to work tonight called out at the very last minute. (Again. This is far from the first time she's done that.) The managers had to take her place. I grabbed I Can't Believe It's Not Butter sticks on sale, peanut butter, and the last bag of Easter Mini York Peppermint Patties (they never have enough of those in stock, and they go fast), then headed home.

At least the weather's going to stay nice. It looks like a chance of rain Wednesday night; otherwise, the wind will die out, and it'll stay in the upper 50s-lower 60s and sunny, which is pretty much what it's supposed to be at this time of year.

No comments: