Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Monkees and Motorcyclists and Spies, Oh My!

Started out the morning with cereal, grapefruit, and more Monkees. Peter finds himself involved in a spy plot when a ballerina from an Eastern Bloc country falls for him in "The Card Carrying Red Shoes." The Monkees pursue a quartet of attractive biker chicks at a hotel, but wind up in a motorcycle race with their tough boyfriends in "The Wild Monkees." And in "A Coffin Too Frequent," the guys help out an old woman who is being lead on by her nephew to believe her husband will return from the dead in their beach house.

I managed to get to the laundromat a little earlier than last week, around quarter of 11 this time. Glad I did. There was one other person when I arrived, and only a few when I left. Everything was open, and I was able to get my small load done quickly.

When I got home, I put my laundry away, had leftovers for lunch, and mucked around online for a while. I worked until 9:30 tonight, and there were a few things I wanted to do, since I wouldn't be in until late. For once after an online session, I did manage to get going quick enough to get to work on time.

I wish I hadn't. Work was a pain tonight. First of all, we're still at the beginning of the month, and it was really busy again...until around 7PM, after which it died so quickly, I got bored stiff. Had some annoying customers, too. One woman threw a fit because she couldn't get the bread she wanted with her WIC Check. "But the Acme in Westmont lets me do it!" she fussed. Well, they're not supposed to let them get that bread. You're only allowed to get what WIC lets you get. Another woman got mad when the coupon she was supposed to get for milk didn't come out...despite the fact that she didn't buy the right cereal, and she was wearing a Shop Rite uniform! (Shop Rite is one of several local supermarket chains that is our major competition. Others include Wegman's, Super Fresh, Thriftway, and Pathmark.)

No comments: