Monday, April 30, 2012

Laundry Day

I slept in this morning. Finished The Drackenburg Adventure, then did The Artist's Way and my journal. I didn't get to breakfast until past ten. It was noon when I finally made it to the laundromat! Though there were a lot of people around, they seemed to be mostly on their way out. I was easily able to get a washer and a dryer. A mother and her silly toddler son (he kept running around and sliding on the floor - his mother is lucky he didn't really hurt himself) and a few older men were the only people still there when I left.

I had just enough time to do some reorganizing when I got home and put the laundry away. The top of the new bookshelf was empty, and there was some room next to the American Girl books. The Sailor Moon dolls were removed from the desk and put there. I moved the non-entertainment non-fiction books (on business, finding jobs, writing, and self-help) to the desk. That leaves an empty shelf on one of the DVD shelves in the living room. I'll figure out what to do with that tomorrow.

I just barely had enough time for leftovers for lunch and to make my dinner and change before rushing out to work. Work was steady for most of the evening, and likely will remain that way this week. It's the beginning of the month, with all the attendant madness that brings out.

I was able to get out on time. Good thing. When I got home, I really needed to take out the recycling, including the two large boxes from my purchases last week, and take a shower.

No comments: