Thursday, January 30, 2020

Tax Woman

Kicked off the day with a quick breakfast and What's My Line? The panel really rolled today. Soupy Sales guessed that a woman was a flag man on a construction crew almost immediately. (And bless her! I hope she did well there.) It took them a little longer with the second man, but Arlene Francis finally figured out that the gentleman created a clam opening that could cut open a clam and get the meat out without switching utensils.

Work was absolutely dead this morning. I did do carts, but I also had plenty of time to clean up a spilled flower container, rounded up the outside trash and recycling, and sweep the store. At least it was nice when I was outside, breezy and chilly, but also sunny, with a lovely blue sky.

Went straight home after I finished. Read The Whole Town's Talking, then put on the first Valentine's Day special of the season while eating yogurt and celery with peanut butter for lunch. Bugs Bunny's Cupid Capers is a series of bits from various shorts tied together in a story that has Bugs insisting that an Elmer-like Cupid is meddling with the Toons' affairs. The DVD also includes two full shorts. "Holiday Highlights" is a spoof of popular holidays in the calendar, including Valentine's Day. "Past Perfumance" has Pepe La Pew pursuing a disguised cat at a movie studio after his scent clears out the director and crew.

Pulled up the seat on my bike, then headed out. Took the long way across Newton Lake Park. It was an absolutely glorious day for it, with the sun shining on the deep green waters and the wind blowing through the dried reeds and plants on the shore. I dodged plenty of people taking themselves or their dogs  out for a stroll and kids on their way home from school.

The Haddon Township Library was fairly busy when I arrived, too. A lot of people must have taken out DVDs earlier this week, because the return carts were overflowing. I shelved more than half the adult titles and couldn't fit in more. I was only there for about 45 minutes, not long enough to finish the cart, though I did get to most of it. The library only had two of Fannie's books in. I grabbed the non-holiday one, Can't Wait to Get to Heaven. Didn't take any movies out. I still haven't gotten through Downton Abbey, and there's other movies and shows I haven't watched yet at home, online and on disc.

Made a quick stop at Target on the way home. All I needed was conditioner. Went in, grabbed Pantene's curl formula, and went out.

My W2 arrived today, allowing me to finally finish my taxes. It takes me less than an hour. I own no property, have no dependents, only have one part-time job, and do it online. It went out and was accepted by the end of the night. I should have 900 dollars coming within the next few weeks.

Worked on writing for a little while after I finished. Marcia loves the dress Jo Ann (Worley) gave her that had been the Queen's. Bill is literally speechless. For once, it takes Charles and Richard's prompting to even get him to talk to her. Of course, once they get him going, he has a tendency to not stop...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Had leftovers while watching Match Game. Jo Ann Pflug, Betty White, and Bert Convy finished out their run with two episodes where Richard gave "hand" as an answer to the Audience Match "trench ___," leading everyone to spend the remaining show joking about the dangers of "trench hand." The young man on Sale of the Century continued his excellent run, winning the money on the bonus round with one minute to spare.

Finished the night with The Pirate. I go further into this cult swashbuckler, my second Judy Garland-Gene Kelly musical of the week, at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Cult Flops - The Pirate

No comments: