Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Windy New Year

Kicked off the morning with early work. Once again, it wasn't busy when I came in. It did pick up later, but not to the degree of yesterday. I shelved candy, washed the bathroom, and did the sweeping I could with the smaller broom up front missing, but I was once again mainly outside. It was cloudy when I went to work. It even flurried briefly but heavily at one point. By the time I finished and was heading to Audubon, the sun had emerged.

Had my annual New Year's brunch/lunch at the Legacy Diner. Considering it was nearly 2 when I walked in the door, I was surprised at how busy they were. It took me almost 10 minutes to get a waitress' attention. At least my apple cinnamon pancakes were really good when they finally brought them. I hadn't had a big breakfast, and I was so hungry, I was able to eat two and a half fat, fluffy rolled-up pancakes filled with hot, tart apples and spicy cinnamon. My hot cocoa was covered with so much whipped cream, I ate the cream off first before I could actually find the cocoa.

The day may have been sunny and bright, but it was also windy and a little chilly, probably in the lower-mid 40's. I went straight home, riding over the train bridge and dodging cars on the way across the train tracks. Did some writing when I got home. Donald comes running in, looking for Patti. He leans over and indicates that she's fine, though sleepy. She didn't really sleep much, either. Nipsey offers to help both women down the ladder, but Della assures him that, other than being tired, they're fine.

I just ordered Volume 1 of the updated dub for Sailor Moon Super S and decided to watch a couple of episodes of the previous season, Sailor Moon S, as a preview while I enjoyed my delicious ham, cheese, and potatoes Crock Pot meal. "An Invasion From Another Dimension: Mystery of Infinity Academy" takes the Guardians to Mugen School, where they suspect the villainous Witches 5 are headquartered. Witch member Mimtete gets literally into the spotlight to defeat them...but is in turn trapped by one of her fellow witches, Tellu. Meanwhile, Chibi-Usa is upset because she can't find her frail friend Hotoru and believes the older Guardians had something to do with her disappearance.

Hotoru turns up again briefly in "A Heart-Snatching Demon Flower: Tellu, the Third Witch." The next member of the Witches 5 is giving away beautiful flowers for very cheap. There's evil in those beautiful petals, though. They suck the owner's energy, as Sailor Pluto discovers. Thinking she's giving her best friend a nice present, Hotoru gives Chibi-Usa a flower. Pluto, Sailor Moon, and Tuxedo Mask come after her...but she still insists that her friend had nothing to do with it.

Finished the night with another Match Game marathon on YouTube as I baked a lemon-coconut cake with whipped coconut topping. This time, it was all of the episodes that either ran on New Year's Day or were the first episode of the year. The first one from New Year's 1974 got really ribald, with an overly excited contestant screaming nervously and throwing her hands all over the place, including on Gene and the far-calmer man next to her. Gene stumbled into New Year's 1979 covered in streamers from the previous episode and looking more than a little bleary-eyed.

Here's the second marathon, so you can enjoy even more matching New Year's antics!

Match Game New Year's Day/First Show of the Year Marathon

And I hope you all have a safe and happy 2020!

No comments: