Thursday, March 08, 2007

One Darn Thing After Another

Urgh. That's what I get for thinking I can ride cross-town, from the Audubon Crossings shopping center on the Black Horse Pike to the Genesis Counseling Center in Collingswood, in less than a half-hour. I went over to Audubon to pick up a practically-new copy of the 2-disc special edition DVD of the Disney "Sleeping Beauty." That set's been out-of-print for about three years, and it's very, very expensive online. That FYE's been great to my Disney collection; I've also picked up good used copies of the 2-disc "Aladdin" and the also out-of-print 2-disc "Beauty and the Beast" there. My video copy of "Sleeping Beauty" turned 20 this year, and I've been looking for a replacement since I got my DVD player.

Unfortunately, I got lost on my way to Collingswood, and what I had hoped would be a 40-minute ride turned into an hour. I was late for my counseling appointment and only got a half-hour in. Then, I was late getting home, and missed an interview with a college student I met on the X-Entertainment blog who wanted to ask me about my memories of "The Babysitters' Club" for a paper she was doing. I barely had enough time to make dinner and get into my uniform before heading to work, and I was almost late for that!

Though work wasn't as busy tonight, we were still short on help, and we ran out of plastic bags again. That happens once every couple of months when someone forgets to order more. There were supposed to be more coming in tonight, but they were down to just paper bags when I left at quarter of 8.

(On the other hand, I DID pick up some extra hours on Saturday tonight.)

I'm just hoping for a nice, quiet day of volunteering tomorrow!

No comments: