Friday, March 16, 2007

Snowed In Again

Yes, we got snow.

And ice.

And sleet.

And rain.

Talk about your wintry mixes! There's about 4 inches or so of SOMETHING on my porch. I was off of work today, and I called out of volunteering. Erica called later. It turns out she only got two customers all day and shut down early. I spent the day watching movies, napping, reading, and making food.

It's bad out there. Really bad. According to the National Weather Service, it's supposed to get warmer after the weekend, meaning this won't be around as long as the ice we got last month was, but it's not fun, either. I was already pushing slush away from my front door. (I let the door stay like that last time and could only open it a fraction for about a week!)

CBS 3 Eyewitness News did reports on how the traffic on the major Philadelphia roadways have come to a standstill and there are two-hour or more delays and plenty of cancelations at the Philadelphia International Airport. (Some people were said to have been on planes for as much as seven hours!)

I don't know what I'm going to do about work tomorrow. I'm supposed to work from 2:30 to 11PM, but the roads will stay icy through the weekend, after which it'll get warmer. It doesn't help that I'm still not feeling the best, either. Maybe I'll either cry flu/nasty cold and call out, or see if I can talk them into letting me go early.

No comments: