Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sunshine Superwoman

Gorgeous day outside, just gorgeous, in the upper 70s and sunny as can be. It was so warm today, I still have the windows open at 12:30 in the morning. I rode up to Merchant Street in Audobon, a small town about ten minutes south from Oaklyn by bike. Merchant Street is a smaller version of Collingswood's restored downtown area. Most of the restored buildings house dance troupes, salons, or offices, but there's a few small restaraunts, a florist's shop, a deli, a bakery, a couple of gift shops...and Abbie Road, a wonderful CD store that was in Collingswood near Friends In Deed before they moved in mid-Feburary. The owner, Bob, is a very nice guy and a friend of my older friend Erica. I ended up buying "Louis Armstrong - The Definative Collection," Supertramp and Eagles greatest hits collections, and a collection of songs from various British Invasion groups, from the Beatles to Dusty Springfield.

The rest of the day was mostly as pleasant. Work was steady-to-dead; who wants to go grocery shopping on a gorgeous spring day? Besides, we're really between holidays right now. Things will pick up considerably later this week and next week as we get closer to Passover and Easter.

However, I made one nasty little discovery this afternoon that marred the day somewhat; for the first time since I moved out of Wildwood, I seem to have a mouse in the apartment. Unlike Wildwood, though, the mouse seems to be confined to the area under the sink. I removed everything from under the sink (and there was a lot!), washed anything that had mouse reminents in it, and put out traps. I think I heard one now; I'm going to check it, which won't be fun. I had a hard enough time doing this in Wildwood.

No comments: