Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Snow Days

Yes, we did get snow here in Camden County today, about 2-4 inches' worth. A bit less fluffy and it iced up a little tonight, but otherwise, not too different from two weeks ago. It's supposed to get warmer starting tomorrow, so it should disappear quickly again.

I walked to the PNC Bank on the White Horse Pike, about a ten-minute's walk from my apartment, to deposit my tax refund check. It was actually a lot of fun. I haven't had a good walk in the snow since I lived in North Cape May and would walk to the WaWa on Bayshore Road on a snowy day for a hot chocolate or cappuccino. West Clinton Avenue looked quite picturesque under a blanket of white. It was fun to hear the snow crunching under my booted feet and realize how strangely muffled everything is when snow's falling, even the airplanes flying into Philadelphia International Airport. A few people were out trying to shovel the walks, but the snow was falling too fast at that point for it to really be of much use.

(I stopped at the 7-11 across from the PNC Bank and bought a "green tea latte," which tasted sweet and a little gritty; I think it came from a mix.)

Work was pin-drop quiet until the snow finally stopped around 5:30 and people started getting out of work. Thank goodness I only had a four-hour day today!

No comments: