Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Lighting Is Striking Again

Damn it. The weather's been crazy all day, on-and-off showers, and now it sounds like there's a thunderstorm out there and more on-and-off rain. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.

I woke up late and spent most of the afternoon at the library. After I organized the children's DVDs, I looked up books on Asberger's Syndrome and on yoga and workouts. Took out one memoir on Aspberger's and one book on yoga that looked helpful. I also took out two Disney Comic Books. (Haven't had my Donald Duck fix in a while.) Mom sent me a book on changing eating habits and lifestyles called French Women Don't Get Fat by a real French woman who has lived and worked in America for many years.

I made a quick stop at the Super Fresh, but by the time I finally dragged myself out of the library, it was almost 4:30, and much too late for the spring cleaning I'd planned on beginning today. Since it ended up being a lovely, sunny afternoon after the clouds passed, I went for a late walk over to Audubon. None of my favorite little stores were open by the time I finally got out there, around 6PM (much to my dismay - I was hoping to get a WebKinz Pink Poodle, April's Pet of the Month, from the Willie the Woodsman Gift Shop), but I did have a lovely walk. The world smelled fresh and new, and it seemed like every flower and blooming thing was open and as bright and sparkling as a rainbow. There were lots of people out and about, too, walking their children or their dogs.

I'll just start the cleaning tomorrow morning, since I don't work until 3. I hope it doesn't rain again. Half the people I know are going away for most of April, and there won't be too many people to give me rides this month.

No comments: