Monday, November 17, 2008

Balancing Work and Play

Had my weekly yoga class this morning. It was stuffed full - I just barely managed to get a spot! There had to be almost 20 women in the studio today, counting the teacher, Jill. It was sunny and chilly, in the mid-upper 40s, but yesterday's gale-force winds had diminished considerably. I'm doing better with class. I still can't do shoulder stands, but my balance is getting better. My shoulders just don't get the frequent work-out that my always-on-the-move legs do.

I browsed around Collingswood after class ended, but the Collingswood Variety Store didn't have the new WebKinz Snowman I wanted to get someone for a present, there was nothing interesting at the thrift shop or the Library, and most other Collingswood stores are closed on Mondays. I ended up just heading home.

Feeling at loose ends, I spent the rest of the morning working on various little chores around the house. I finally did my finances and figured out exactly what I have in the bank. I have slightly more in the bank than I thought, which makes me feel a little better, but it's still not a lot. After I did that, I went through the big red file folder with my old bills, work pay stubs, and various personal and household items. I found some bills and Acme items going as far back as 2005, right before I moved, including bills for gas and electric! (Miss Ellie pays all utilities here but my phone/Internet, which is one of the reasons I took this apartment in the first place.)

I also made my Christmas Card and Shopping List and decided what I'm going to do about the holidays. I really do love Christmas shopping, so I'll still buy small toys for all of the little kids - my nephew Skylar and his new brother who will be born any day now, my cousin Faith, and her older brothers Matt and Ethan (I may get those two something to share). I may also buy small items for my teenage brother Keefe and stepsister Jessa. Everyone else will receive a food gift of some kind. I've been wanting to experiment with some of those fancy Christmas yeast breads, like stolen and Panettone.

Work was, for once, quite pleasant, busy and fast. Not only did I have no problems with the customers, but one of them complimented me on my efficiency in handling her turkey order. Considering all the fuss yesterday over the turkeys, I really appreciated that compliment.

No comments: