Saturday, November 22, 2008

Culture Shocked

Spent the morning and much of the afternoon at work. It was on-and-off busy...but when it was busy, it was VERY busy. There were some cranky and/or annoying people, especially in the morning. One couple who couldn't speak English nearly drove me insane! I tried to explain to them that they could use different payments in the same order to get all the things they wanted, but they just didn't seem to get it. One of the managers came over and suggested they call their English-speaking daughter...and they STILL didn't buy everything!

I went straight home after work, then went back out again to make a quick run to deposit my paycheck in the ATM machine at the PNC Bank down the street from me. It had been sunny, windy, and still unusually cold for this time of year all day, and it remained so into the night. It was a lovely, brisk walk. I don't mind walking in the cold. It gets the circulation going, and it beats walking in the heat! It's supposed to jump into the upper 40s by Monday, then drop back into the 40s in time for Thanksgiving...still a little cold for this time of year, but more tolerable for people who don't handle the cold well. (And it'll make my mother happy. She can stash extra food that needs to be kept cold outside.)

No comments: