Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fine Diner

Not a whole lot going on this Sunday. I worked in the late morning and early afternoon. It was busy all day, not surprising, given this is not only the final weekend before Thanksgiving, but the last weekend of football until December. The Eagles next play on Thanksgiving night. My relief was just barely on time, but other than that, there was no problems. I bought Celestial Seasonings "Nutcracker Sweet" Holiday Tea and baking powder and got out as fast as I could.

Miss Ellie called earlier to say that she'd hired a man to clean out the gutters, cut down branches, get the leaves out of the ivy patches, and basically do everything that neither of us could do. He did have everything done by the end of the day, and it looks great...but I wish he could have put my porch furniture back where I had it.

There wasn't much going on at Uncle Ken's. He apparently had his first round of chemotherapy this week and wasn't feeling up to major celebrations. Not to mention, the game was lousy. The Eagles eventually lost to the Baltimore Ravens 36-7 and really need to get some spark - and fan loyalty - back. I ended up having a massive California Cheeseburger at the Newton Diner on the White Horse Pike instead. The burger was thin...but it was wide, much larger than the bun, and came with lettuce, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and olives on a toasted roll. (I didn't eat the olives. I can't stand olives.) I also had a small plate of fries I only hate half of and a thimbleful of cole slaw. Not bad, all said, and only about $8.50 with tip.

No comments: