Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Glory of Fall

Riding to work was very "fall-ish" this morning. It was gray but not raining, damp, and still a tad warm for this time of year. The heavy winds blew torrents of leaves in magnificent shades of red, orange, gold, brown, and green around me and my bike as I headed up the Black Horse Pike to the Acme for my last work session until (as of this second) Saturday morning.

Work was still a bit of a pain today. While not nearly as busy as yesterday, we still had a lot more people than usual, especially for the middle of the week, and those beginning-of-the-month people were still annoying. I really, REALLY wish people would learn how to freakin' count! We had more people getting rid of half their orders because they assumed they wouldn't cost as much as they did. Read the signs and you'll know how much things cost!

The rest of the day was quiet. My relief was late and I didn't really get home with enough time to do the windows and vacuum as I'd planned, so I worked on editing our newest Monkees role-play story instead and kicked off my holiday season with the Mikhail Barishnicov version of The Nutcracker.

Incidentally, this month's Monkees story is the long NaNoWrite story, so you'll be seeing it in parts. Look for the first six or seven parts or so this weekend!

No comments: