Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside Is Frightful...

Yes, we were in the midst of our first real snow showers since February when I woke up this morning. Much to the disappointment of every kid in the area, I'm sure, the snow wasn't around for very long. It snowed on-and-off until about mid-morning, but the snow began melting long before even that and was long gone by the time I went to work at 1:30.

I spent the morning posting our newest Monkees role play story, The Play Is The Thing. We've been working on it for weeks. It's this year's long NaNoWrite story, which is why it took so long. Unlike last year, this year, we went way over 50,000 words. Lauren will get the exact amount in a few days, but it should be more in the line of 60,000-80,000. We did a lot of writing this year, starting earlier than usual in the evening and several times, going very late in the morning. (Also helped to have had fewer distractions this year. We only skipped one night, when Lauren went to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular with her folks on Veteran's Day.)

Work was on-and-off steady tonight, much to my surprise. I thought it would be far busier. I guess everyone's waiting for the weekend.

No comments: