Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Family Balance

Rose and I did Yogawood together again today. We drove there this time. Rose has this week off for her Spring Break. The class was VERY full, especially for a Wednesday. There were at least 20 people, including us and the teacher Jill. We had a lot of complicated moves today. I had trouble with the "Triangle Twist," a sideways move that involved trying to twist your arms to the opposite side while standing with your feet about three feet apart. It isn't nearly as easy as it sounds! Rose couldn't get it, either.

We went back to my apartment after class and had a long chat over cups of chai tea. We talked about Rose's boyfriend and her difficulties losing weight. (Apparently, his bad eating habits - lots of junk food and cheese steaks - aren't helping.) We talked about our family. We talked about my upcoming 30th birthday next month. I hadn't decided what I wanted to do for it. To be honest, I didn't really want to eat out, especially after the dinner at Applebee's with Mom, Keefe, Anny, and Anny's family last September didn't go that well. I'm not that big a fan of fancy restaurants. I loved Thanksgiving at Mom's house, so I decided I wanted something like that again. Rose said she'd bring the cake - she has "connections," in her words. I just want something chocolate.

I called Mom after Rose left and told her my idea. She loved it. I'm hoping for her roast beef and honey-glazed carrots...and definitely her fluffy biscuits! No one makes better biscuits than Mom.

The Acme called while I was chatting with Rose. Could I come in at 2 instead of 3? They were really busy. No problem. I had no plans for after Rose left. I had lunch, took down the St. Patrick's Day decorations, and headed over to the store. It was another gorgeous day, windier but still sunny, and I had great rides both ways.

Despite Marlene's worries, the Acme was merely steady by the time I made it in, and never really got that busy. It was even more dead tonight than last night. I spent a lot of the time working on putting candy on the racks. The baggers were still cleaning, too.

No comments: