Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top 'O the Evenin' To Ye!

And I hope all of ye lads and lassies had a fine St. Patrick's Day! Alas, I spent most of my day at work, though I did get some bills and birthday cards for Mom and my friend Kelly out this morning. Work was sooooooo looooooonnnnnggg. We were on-and-off busy, and between customers, everyone was cleaning the front end from top to bottom to get ready for the return of a manager who was on sick leave and is VERY particular about keeping the register area neat. (Reminds me of when my sisters and I would have to clean up the house in five minutes or less when Mom and Dad were coming up the driveway.)

I had some minor customer problems throughout the day. The worst was the lady who threw a fit when I told her she hadn't gotten the right cheese for her WIC Checks. You're supposed to get the cheese that's NOT wrapped individually and isn't labeled cheese food. She refused to get it herself, so I got it for her. Did I get a "thank you?" No. She whined "I'm going to go to Shop Rite for my WIC Checks from now on. THEY let me get the cheese food."

I'm sorry, but that's what the pamphlet says, and that's the rules. It's not my fault that they change every few months, or that Shop Rite doesn't follow them. Why fuss over something that isn't even real cheese anyway? That stuff is so gross. It's horrible for you, full of chemicals, and it tastes worse. The WIC checks allow you to buy real cheese.

(Something similar happened earlier in the day with another woman who picked the wrong cheese for her WIC check. She, however, didn't fuss. She just went and got the right cheese and left with a smile on her face.)

It was still a truly gorgeous spring day when I finally headed out at six. It was so dead when I finished, I was able to get off a tiny bit early, so I ran to America's Best behind the Acme and picked up my new order of contacts. I'm really glad I did. It was cloudy this morning, but by 6PM, it was sunny, breezy, and in the mid-50s.

No comments: