Friday, March 13, 2009

Rockin' Robin

I slept in again and spent a very quiet and very pleasant morning hanging around the apartment. After Cheerios and grapefruit for breakfast, I was going to treat myself to a snickerdoodle...but discovered that after more than two weeks in the cookie canister, they'd gotten more than a little stale and even a bit moldy. Yuck! I threw away the remaining cookies. I saw a recipe in the copy of Prevention Magazine I got in the mail (thanks Linda!) for a low-fat Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe that used canola oil and whole wheat flour instead of butter and regular flour. They came out very well, crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, with a slight hint of nuttiness thanks to the whole wheat flour.

Work was very busy, but generally not a big problem other than some annoying old ladies giving sixteen thousand orders on how to bag and how to do this and how to do that. I hate it when they're condescending and act like I don't know what I'm doing. Excuse me, but after you work at a job for eight years, I think you have some idea of what you're doing.

And Webkinz has apparently fixed the adoption glitch so I can adopt my WebKinz Robin tonight! Meet Grayson the Robin! Lauren came up with the name. She's a Batman fan, and I thought it sounded classy. Gray will be my first WebKinz bird to get his own Tree Top Room, though his Jukebox will probably go in the Modern Pizzeria or the Candy Kitchen Soda Shoppe.

No comments: