Sunday, March 01, 2009

Marshmallow World

It started to snow late last night, as Lauren and I were finishing up our daily chat. It continued to snow when I went to bed, and when I got up in the morning, there was at least two inches on the ground. It looked like fat, fluffy marshmallows had been dropped onto a hot cocoa world...and it melted just as fast. By the time I rode to work, there was almost no snow left on the ground, and water was dripping everywhere.

Work was a madhouse. Between the weather, this being the first day of the month, and the fact that we're normally busy on Sundays no matter what the weather conditions, the Acme was PACKED. There were long lines all day long, and it was only just starting to slow down when I finally left at 6:30.

I'm lucky I managed to get out a few minutes early. I felt a few teeny-tiny snow flakes on my nose as I rode down the White Horse Pike, but it was still windless and dry. Less than 20 minutes after I got home, the snow was coming down faster and thicker (though still not the blizzard conditions many of my customers were worried about). I think there's about an inch to two inches out there now. I heard were were supposed to get anywhere from 6 to 14 inches at work today.

No comments: