Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Comes Thundering In

It was raining when I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning, but the rain didn't last long. I spent the morning watching Sailor Moon episodes and messing around online, reading e-mail and watching Sailor Moon music videos on YouTube.

I called Mom for the usual Sunday chat. She's fine, though worried about my stepfather. Several fishing vessels have gone down in the Cape May area in the past few weeks, and it's understandably giving Dad some sleepless nights. Keefe was over Anny's, babysitting for Skylar and Collyn. He'd been up here over the weekend, volunteering at the Battleship New Jersey.

It was surprisingly warm when I stepped out of the apartment, muggy and probably in the upper 60s. The sun was just peeping through the clouds when I arrived at work. Work was steady, not bad at all for a Sunday. With Easter and the beginning of the month coming up, it should be busier by the end of this week.

The sun remained for most of the afternoon, but there were more ominous clouds on the horizon as I raced home, hoping to beat the next round of storms. I just made it. Ten minutes after I got in, it poured, and I heard mild rumblings of thunder. We had another short thunderstorm just a few minutes ago.

No comments: