Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bicycling Balance

Got up just in time this morning to make it to Yogawood. Good thing, too. It was a pretty big class this week, 12 counting the teacher Karin. We did a lot of work on twisting and stretching moves, many of them sitting down. Nothing too hard. In fact, the worst of it was when I had to take a yoga "p-lock" on my big toes (you grab your big toes between your thumbs and forefingers) and forgot that while the left big toe is no longer black and blue, it's still pretty sore. Ouch.

The thrift shop wasn't open when I made my way back around to Haddon Avenue. Instead of going to the Collingswood Library, I headed back towards Oaklyn and went to the library there instead. I didn't get them in last week, and I'm not going to have the time this weekend to volunteer anywhere. I'm glad I did. The childresn' books were in fair disarray when I arrived, especially the non-fiction. (Does anyone every bother putting things away when they've finished reading them? There were books stacked on top of books instead of put away neatly.)

After I finished at the library, I came home and edited the rest of this month's Monkees role play. It came out very well, considering the limited time at our disposal in the last few weeks, very action-packed. Look for it later tonight!

Had the last of the chicken stew and a banana for lunch, then changed into my uniform and headed for work. I ran into trouble just a block from the Acme. The blasted chain came off again! I was able to walk the remaining block and not be late, but it was frustrating.

Work, on the other hand, was generally fine. There were a few obnoxious holdovers from last week, especially later in the night. However, there were no really major problems, and my relief was on time.

I didn't have as much luck getting home. Some of the Acme employees were able to help me get the chain back on the bike, but it just came off again on my way home. After much crying and yelling, I pulled in on the blacktop next to the Audubon Park side of the river and pulled it back on again. This time, I made it home with no fuss. I even pumped my tires when I got in.

No comments: