Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Is Here, I Hear

Sunlight was just filtering through the clouds as I awoke. It was still a little dark, but there was blue sky showing between the gray, and it was much warmer than yesterday. The rain was gone, too. If it rained at all today, it happened very early this morning. The wind, however, had not gone away. It's been windy all day, but I'll take that without the rain, thank you.

My early work day (9-2) was busy all day. Other than a lack of help, especially in the morning, there were no major problems. The only real problem I had was my relief being one of those teenage boys with a job that always makes him late.

Went straight home after I finally got off of work. I changed shirts, grabbed my books and DVDs that were due, and went right back out again. I wanted to get to the Haddon Township Library now that Mother Nature was in a more amiable frame of mind. I forgot, however, that it was quarter of 3 by that point, almost rush hour. Cuthbert Road was not only a pain to cross, but the sidewalks were a muddy mess. I had to walk around them at one point on somebody's hillside yard.

I did finally make it to the library. There were plenty of DVDs for me to return, including stacks of kids' DVDs. It was busy with kids, ranging in age from early primary to college, doing research and writing papers. I even saw one of the college students who works at the Acme finishing a term paper she was writing for a class. I didn't take anything out myself this time. I don't think I'll really have the time for anything besides the three remaining fiction books I have out this week.

Made quick stops at Super Fresh and Dollar Tree on the way home. I needed bunch carrots at Super Fresh. I haven't seen them at the Acme since that one week I bought them there. Bought Easter cards and a shower curtain at Dollar Tree.

I had chores to do around the house when I arrived at the apartment as well. I swept the porch, which needed it after yesterday's storm. (I'm hoping getting rid of some of the debris will help with the ants, too.) I signed all the Easter cards, including the ones that will be sent to my family in Cape May County. I prepared the rent to give to Miss Ellie tomorrow. I took out the trash, including the American Girls Today box and the old green velor blanket with the holes in it. Rose came by a bit later in the night with fish from my stepfather for me.

No comments: