Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Rain

Spent most of today working. It was raining a little when I went to work, but not hard enough to be a problem. I rode the bike. The chain held out, and I made it to the Acme on time and in one piece.

Work was pretty much steady the whole day, neither overwhelmingly busy nor really dead. I was a little tired and hard on myself early on, but I felt better after break. My last one was one of those Camden families who take forever bagging and pay for eighteen different orders, but at least they were pleasant about the whole thing. I just made it off in time.

Good thing, too. I had a lot of my own grocery shopping to do. Not only did I need to restock my fruits and vegetables, but I needed meat, too. I bought cabbage (which is on sale this week for St. Patrick's Day), brown sugar, oranges, granola bars, dried cranberries (the only thing I bought that wasn't on sale, but I like them in my cereal), yogurt (Acme and Yoplait were on sale this week), three packs of fish fillets, chicken legs, beef stew cubes, cubed steak, mushrooms, bananas, celery, red potatoes (also for St. Patrick's Day), grapefruit, and something the Acme's finally started carrying - bunches of carrots. I find them to be far more flavorful than bagged ones.

My schedule was quite nice, too. All morning and afternoon work this week - the latest I work is 6 on Thursday. In addition to Saturday off (which I asked for to help with my sister Rose's huge baby shower), I got Tuesday off again. The early hours will mean that I should be able to get yoga class in, but may have to skip the Collingswood Library again. Oh well. I should have vacation the week after next - I'll get it in then.

Riding home was a bit messier than riding to work. Not only was I overloaded, but the raindrops were a bit fatter and a little heavier. It still wasn't pouring at that point, though, which means that I was damp but not soaked when I finally made it home.

No comments: