Friday, March 19, 2010

"Repeat After Me - We Need a Vacation!"

I got up early enough this morning to work on the bike after breakfast. It was another gorgeous day, a little breezy but sunny and in the upper 50s at 8:30AM. I tightened the screws on the back wheel. I'm hoping that'll fix things. If the chain comes off again, I'm going to have to try to remove the whole darn wheel. That's a lot more complicated with the wheel I got last year. There's a piece you have to take off with a Phillips screwdriver.

At the very least, the bike got me to work and back. The ride was sensational. It was a perfect day for bike riding. I'm not the only one who was out and about today, either. We've had several classes of what appears to be first and second grade kids taking field trips to the store over the past few weeks. They're so cute! I love it when the managers let them use the scanners. They're too funny.

Other than that, this was a fairly quiet, off-and-on day. My relief was actually early, and there were no major problems. I was able to do my grocery shopping in peace. I had a lot to do, too, since I'm going to be eating at home a lot next week. Picked up steak, whole berry cranberry sauce, granola bars, yogurt (plain and flavored - Dannon was on sale), Skippy Natural Chunky Peanut Butter (tastes so much better than regular), the Favorit Swiss Preserves in Forest Berry (I wanted cherry, but they were out), and the usual restocking of vegetables and fruit.

My schedule this week is...no schedule. I asked for tomorrow off for Rose's big baby shower, but after that, I'm taking the whole week for my second vacation. Boy, do I need it. I feel like I've been going non-stop since early February. Unlike my usual vacations, I intend to pass this one at home. I'm going to go to the Deptford Mall on Monday and I have counseling on Thursday (which is kind of why I asked for this week off anyway), and I'll do all the usual library volunteering and yoga class...but beyond that, I have no plans.

And I love it. I haven't had a whole week to myself since I lived in Wildwood. I'll get things done around the apartment, go for walks, and work on crocheting and that ballroom dancing DVD I took out of the Haddon Township Library.

No comments: