Thursday, March 04, 2010

Balancing Blues

Started out a lovely, sunny, windy day with this week's yoga class. I've been feeling a little down lately, and it carried over to the class and most of the day. I don't know if it's the weather, or if there's something wrong with me. I'm gaining weight like crazy - I'm back over 200 pounds again - and I just can't seem to get into anything. I normally don't have a problem getting into things, but nothing seems to have caught my interest.

Class helped a little. There were probably about 10 people, along with the teacher Karin. We worked on standing and twisting poses. I got confused with a lot of the standing poses, though I generally did better than I thought I would. I still can't hold bridge for very long or do shoulder stands, though.

I still felt glum after class. Browsing through the thrift shop didn't really help. I saw some records of mild interest, but nothing I absolutely needed to have. Volunteering at the Collingswood Library didn't really help, either. I once again shelved and put away DVDs, and the place was too busy for me to talk to anyone. (I also cleared out the book drop. I couldn't figure out how to open the one for the DVDs.)

Stopped at Doria's Deli on the way home from work for a Diet 7-Up, a roll for to make an Italian Cubed Beef Hoagie for lunch, and some chat with Mrs. Doria. I know she's right that I'm being negative about things, but I just can't help myself. It's hard to look on the bright side when nothing seems all that bright. I'm never going to lose weight. How could I have gained it all back? I'm so ashamed of and disappointed with myself.

I went online for a little while after I got home to try to cheer myself up, then made the Italian Beef Hoagie and celery sticks for lunch. It look longer than I thought to make, though, and I was almost late for work!

That wasn't a good thing. It wasn't too busy when I got in, but we had lines half-way across the aisles by the usual 4-6 rush hour. Not to mention, it's still the beginning of the month, and I had quite a few close encounters with grumpy old ladies who must have everything bagged EXACTLY the way they want it...or else. I'm really getting sick of that. They make such a fuss over nothing. Bag it the way you want, if you don't like what I'm doing. No one really wants my help, anyway.

On the other hand, I made a few interesting discoveries regarding work today. First of all, I got a call from the head front end manager Donna this morning. She wanted me to come in early tomorrow (which I can do)...and told me I have a second week of vacation that I haven't taken yet! I had no idea. Our vacation cycle ends in early May. I'm going to see if I can take the last full week of March off; that's when Rose's baby shower and my next counseling appointment is. If that's too soon for them to schedule it, I'll take it on the week of my birthday. This means I may be able to take two weeks this summer instead of the usual one, too.

The union was also giving out checks from the now-aborted strike fund. They'd finally made their peace with the company last night, so the extra money's no longer necessary. I figured it would be about $50 or so. It was $730. Wow! I'll do what I did at Christmas - put the check in my checking account and whatever I get from this week's paycheck in my saving's account.

No comments: