Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Busiest Bee

Started a lovely day with volunteering at the Oaklyn Library. I figured this was the only other library I'd have the time to get to on this busy week! I spent an hour there organizing the kids' section and the DVDs. The DVDs in particular needed it. You can tell no one had done them in a long time. Kids' and adults' DVDs were mixed together, and everything was out of order.

I stepped out into a perfect early spring morning. Crocuses are popping up everywhere, including around the library's sign on their front lawn. The grass is so green after this weekend! All that rain we had was good for something. I quickly rode my bike home, changed into my work uniform, had lunch, and headed back out again to the Acme.

Work was a pain in the rear end today. Though we were on-and-off busy, we didn't have enough help. Almost the entire evening shift called out! I'm assuming all of the teenagers had spring sports they had to get ready for...or spring fever. I was asked to stay later tonight, but I said no. I felt bad, but I want to get ready for Rose and Craig's huge baby shower on Saturday.

Thankfully, it wasn't too crazy when I shut down to leave. I grabbed things for a pudding pie, then headed home...getting merely a few blocks before the chain came off my bike. Again. For the third time in less than two weeks. I got it back on, but I really need to figure out what's going on here, or at least try to tighten the damn thing.

No comments: