Saturday, May 15, 2010

Farm Market Day

I'm so glad I got up early for the Collingswood Farm Market this time. The sun was shining and the sky was very blue when I headed out around quarter of 9. It was windy, but otherwise much warmer than it has been. This was reflected in the bank being dead...and the Farm Market being packed. I was barely able to make my way through the crowd to buy blackstrap molasses, radishes, Crimini mushrooms from the mushroom booth, asparagus, and the most delicious strawberries I've ever tasted.

Spent two hours riding around Collingswood, Oaklyn, and Westmont after that, looking for yard sales. There were quite a few today, probably due to the nice weather. I found a big Wilton ghost cookie cutter at a sale on Newton Avenue in Oaklyn. Sales in Collingswood yielded two records (Guy Lombardo and Dionne Warwick) and a large 2002 Tenderheart Bear. I went past the Oaklyn School's "Spring Fling" (their annual school fair), and checked out a few on and behind Kendall. A sale at Ridgeway yielded a Love-A-Lot Bear beanie with tye-dye fur.

There was a package on Miss Ellie's doorstep for me when I got home. The American Girls dress I ordered from eBay had arrived! This was the first time I was able to get a NIB (new in box) dress under retail price. It's one of my favorites, too, Kit's adorable yellow floral dress from her movie. I'm going to use it for a summer outfit for Molly. The only warm-weather clothes she had was her Birthday Pinafore, and all of her summer clothes are back-ordered on AG's site. It did, indeed, come in the original box, with the dress, tan shoes, and cute little floral clip. Molly's wearing it now, and she looks lovely.

I spent the rest of the morning working on editing the extra-long role play story Lauren and I have been working on for half the month. (It's going to take me a while to edit it all, so I wouldn't look for it until the end of the week.) I had scrambled eggs with black beans, corn, and cheese and a salad for lunch, then headed off to work.

Work started out dead, but picked up as the day went on. At least it wasn't as long of a day as I thought it would be. I originally wrote down on the schedule on my wipe board at home that I was working until 8 today...but it turns out I only worked until 6. Probably a good thing. Though most people were in a good mood (between the weather and the Flyers' historic win yesterday), there were a few annoying customers, including one lady with a check that just would not go through.

Getting off earlier than expected was a nice surprise. It was great to be able to eat leftovers at home, instead of at work.

No comments: