Monday, May 10, 2010

Taking Care of My Girls

The rest of today wasn't terribly exciting. I got up too late to run any really big chores, and it was too cold and windy to start cleaning the porch furniture, which was my original plan for today.

I spent a few hours this morning cleaning the girls instead. I gave Felicity and Molly magic eraser baths. That was all Felicity needed. She's in by far the best shape of the four dolls. Jessa must have gotten her last. Her ends are a tiny bit dry, but nothing unmanageable. I just redressed her in her Spring Pinner Outfit and put her hair in a ponytail.

I had more fun with Molly's hair. Actually, I really, really like how Molly came out. Most of whatever the red stuff that Jessa dyed Molly's hair with did come out...but what little remains gives it a reddish tinge like she has highlights. I like that. It's unique. I really like the cute bob she has, too. I don't know if Jessa did that or if Kaye or Dad fixed what Jessa had done, but it's actually a nice look for her. I gave her two little ponytails on either side of her head, tied with ribbons. They look like a straighter version of mine, actually.

My Samantha needs more work. Her long, brown hair is still dry as a bone. I trimmed a bit of the ends to try to get the dryness off, but there was just too much of it. She's drying now. After this, I'm just going to put her hair back up and give her a magic eraser bath. I may try dunking her in fabric softener again, but I don't think there's much more I can do.

I went for a long walk after doing Sam's hair. I just strolled around the neighborhood. It may have been too cold to run the hose, but it was perfect for a walk, in the mid-60s, sunny, and still very windy. Headed down Manor and over to West Cedar, stopping briefly to play at the small Tracy Connors Memorial Park playground. I headed back around to Kendall, then down to West Clinton.

I had a chat with the Dorias after buying water there, mostly about what happened on Friday. They pretty much said what everyone did - everyone makes a mistake, it's not your fault, there will be other guys, you just have to be more careful.

Headed home after that. I made a Scrambled Eggs with Spring Vegetables and Monterrey Jack Cheese, fresh farm market Swiss chard, and the last of the gingerbread for lunch. Lunch took me longer than I thought, and I was late getting out for work.

I needn't hurried. Work was steady during rush hour, but otherwise not bad. There were no major problems, and I was in and out quickly with no relief.

No comments: