Friday, May 28, 2010

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted

Since I awoke to a much cooler morning than earlier this week, I decided to start off the day with some cookie baking. I made my favorite Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie recipe that I pulled out of Prevention Magazine. They went quite well, coming out nice and soft, much better than the last time I made them.

I made a rather nasty discovery in the bedroom. There were ants swarming around a patch on my computer desk. I could have sworn I sprayed in here when I dusted! Oh well, I sprayed again. I sprayed in the kitchen, too.

Spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the kitchen. It was actually in worse shape than the bathroom for once. I guess I've been eating at home a lot. I dusted under everything, all the food and plates and containers in the cabinets and the spice bottles and salt and pepper shaker and appliances between the sink and the stove. I'll scrub the refrigerator tomorrow.

I finished just in time to go to work. Work was steady all night, with no major problems. I was able to get in and out with no relief. Good thing, too, because I had a LOT of grocery shopping to do for my vacation. There were so many things I needed to restock - nuts, yogurt, cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, dried fruit, lemon juice, Quaker Oat Squares, barbecue sauce, and packs of fish. I also bought pretzels for a snack while Lauren's here and things to make a surprise.

And my schedule next week is...vacation! I'm off from tomorrow until next Saturday, thank goodness. Lauren will be arriving Sunday evening. There's still some things I want to get done before then - clean the fridge, buy laundry detergent and dryer sheets, go to the May Fair in Collingswood tomorrow.

No comments: