Thursday, September 23, 2010

Balancing Summer and Fall

The first day of fall began more like the first day of summer, though it wasn't so bad when I headed to Yogawood this morning. There was a nice breeze that drifted through the half-circle window on top of the front door. We mostly worked on lotus poses and hip-openers. I can do that. It's shoulder stands I can't do, but I'm still trying.

Next stop was the thrift shop to drop off a big bag of donations, then the Collingswood Library for this week's session there. There was plenty do there, for once. I shelved a big stack of DVDs and organized the shelves, then went upstairs and shelved non-fiction.

Went straight home after I finished at the library. I had a Peanut Butter and Apple Butter Sandwich on Garden Vegetable Bread and tomatoes for lunch. Spent the rest of the afternoon mucking around online, including paying this month's college bill.

By the time I headed for work, it was hot again, though not as hot as originally predicted for today, in the mid-80s and a little humid and hazy. I had a pretty decent ride to work and back. It had cooled off considerably when I got off at 8.

Work wasn't bad for me...but there was a big fight about mid-way through my shift. I was just about to go on break and didn't really see what happened myself. All I know is I heard two women shouting so loudly, they could be heard in the back of the store. I retreated to the break room as quickly as I could.

I found out later from two managers that the children of one of the women had been riding the automatic cart that old people use around the store without asking or their mother really paying attention to them. They ran into the other woman's cart, and she had a fit...and it just got worse from there. I really wish people would learn to keep a better eye on their children when they're in a grocery store. This isn't the first time I've seen kids allowed to pull stunts like that.

No comments: