Sunday, September 26, 2010

Football and Family

I spent the morning just hanging out at my place. It was dark, dreary, and cool. Which, considering the recent bout of hot weather we've had, was actually pretty nice. It's probably just as well. I didn't sleep well last night and was dead tired when I got up too early around 7:30. (I didn't get to sleep until almost 2:30 last night!)

It was nice to get to hear the whole Brunch With the Beatles show. "Songs Released in the Fall" was the theme today. Heard "Penny Lane" and "I Saw Her Standing There," among others.

I called Mom twice; got her the second time. She was running errands before the Eagles game and didn't really have the time for much talking. Anny had talked her into taking the boys so she could have some down time. Sky and Collyn, however, wanted a home-cooked meal...so Mom found herself having to fill the fridge.

Headed to work about an hour after I got off with Mom. Work was on-and-off steady, with no really major problems. Actually, I figured it would be busier than it was, given today is a football day. My relief was on-time, and I was in and out with no major problems.

The weather even cooperated. It sprinkled a bit on my way to work, but the rest of the day has just been gloomy.

The moment I got home, I changed into one of my Eagles T-shirts, grabbed my purse, and headed right back out again. This is the first time this season that I got to see even part of the Sunday football game. There were quite a few people at Uncle Ken's house when I arrived. My cousins Karen and Jim were celebrating the Minnesota Vikings' big win over the Detroit Lions, their first win of the season. Dad was eagerly awaiting the big showdown between the Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets later in the day.

I walked into an Eagles slaughter-fest. The Jacksonville Jaguars couldn't get near them, and finally just seemed to lose interest by the second half. The Eagles ultimately routed the Jaguars 28-3, with Michael Vick proving Andy Reid made the right choice in quarterbacks with his 4 touchdowns.

Uncle Ken made me cheesesteaks with his delicious fried onions, and I played hide-and-go-seek with the kids until it got too dark to hide.

No comments: