Monday, September 20, 2010

Bullying and Chores

First of all, I would like to make my stance on comments on this blog quite clear. If you make a nasty, derogatory, flame-ish, or just plain unkind remark in the comments, you will be deleted. If you continue to post inappropriate and negative comments and links, you will be marked as spam and effectively banned from this blog.

I have been tolerating bullying all my life. I spent my childhood listening to other children tell me how stupid and horrible I was. I spent it listening to teachers remind me how terrible I was because I developed early, and how everything would be better if I ignored it and let it go away. I've spent my life hearing people make me feel like I'm less than they are, that I have something wrong with me because I'm not exactly the same as everyone else.

I'm tired of ignoring bullies. You don't make someone feel better or improve their behavior by constantly giving them negative feedback or calling them names. People who do this need to get a life. There are better ways to spend your evening than bringing someone else down. If you don't like what I'm saying, read a blog that says what you want to hear.

And now that we've made myself quite clear on this subject, we'll discuss the matter at hand.

Which, to be honest, isn't that enthralling. I awoke to another gorgeous day in the neighborhood, mid-70s, windy, and sunny. I had a quick breakfast before heading over to the laundromat to do this week's wash. It was a lot less busy over there than it has been in the last few weeks. Either I showed up earlier this time, or a lot of people have caught up with their chores.

I did have the time when I got home for a decent lunch of spinach salad and a slice of Garden Vegetable Bread and peanut butter after I put away the laundry. Listened to ABBA and to 80s music while I got ready for work.

Work was on-and-off busy tonight, but busier than it has been on a weekday. I'm assuming people are finally settling down into the regular routine. I was in and out with no problems, and my relief was a little early.
I

No comments: