Thursday, September 30, 2010

Deflated Balance

Yes, I awoke to discover that my tire had a slow leak and had deflated overnight. Of course, by the time I got outside, it was too late to fix it. I pumped it and hoped it would hold out long enough to get me to Collingswood.

The tire wasn't the only problem today. We did get that crazy rain overnight, and while it wasn't raining when I got up, it was hot and unbearably humid. The clouds remained heavy and threatening. I could only hope that they'd wait on any rain until late at night, after my errands in Collingswood and work.

Yoga was a bit of a pain. We concentrated on working the stomach and the core muscles, which meant a lot of crunches and bridge-work. I've gotten somewhat better with the bridge pose, but no matter how hard I try, I can't lift myself for full wheel.

Much to my frustration, the tire was flat again when I went outside. That wasn't a problem while in Collingswood. I just wheeled it to the Collingswood Library for this week's session there. I mostly shelved and organized the DVDs.

I ended up walking home. I was in luck where the weather was concerned. It stayed cloudy all through my walk, and remained so when I got in. There was much yelling and cursing, but yes, I did change the tire. I was especially proud of the job I did because it was the back tire. I've avoided changing the back tire myself because of the chain.

Well of course, the chain fell off on my way to work. It fell off twice, and made me late. I was very upset. I hate being late. Good thing the managers took it better than I did. Turns out I wasn't going in for anyone anyway. While work was much busier than Tuesday and went faster, it still wasn't crazy-busy. I was in and out with no more problems.

A stock manager who saw me come in was nice enough to put the chain on the bike for me, and I rode home with no more bike problems. However, there was a few weather problems. It was windy as heck. It started raining a little while I was on my way to work and had gotten worse by the time I left, though still not the monsoon-levels everyone around here had feared. I'm lucky the monsoon held off until I'd been home for over an hour.

No comments: