Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rain, Rain, Please Stay!

It was gloomy, cloudy, and humid as heck when I finally got out of bed around quarter after 9 this morning. Even so, the weather made me really happy. We desperately need a week's worth of rain.

I spent the morning volunteering at the Oaklyn Library. I mostly organized the DVDs. I don't know how they get so out-of-order. It's not that hard to put everything away where it belongs. Little kids who don't know their ABCs yet have an excuse, but teenagers and adults know better.

I did take out a book today. To Be Continued is one of my favorite books about movies. It has pictures, cast lists, and plot descriptions for every serial made between 1929 and 1956. As a fan of swashbucklers and old-fashioned action, a lot of these are right up my alley. I forget which library in Cape May County had this (Courthouse? the Villas?), but I used to take it out a lot when I lived down there.

I stepped out of the Library and into a nice, soft shower. I did need milk, so I walked over to WaWa. The rain began to let up as I headed home. Even so, between the milk and the weather, I kept today's walk brief.

Spent the rest of the afternoon having lunch, watching Bowery Boys movies, and working on editing stories. Lauren and I are hoping to relaunch my (barely used) personal website, The Riverside Rest, as a site for our joint fanfiction. I'll remove the recipes and links and keep the essays, my original fiction, and fanfiction on interests that Lauren doesn't share (like the short Scooby Doo story and my Remember WENN fics). We've done two Bowery Boys fanfics in the past couple of weeks and are currently at work on a third, based around Beauty and the Beast.

That was a lot more exciting than work. I was almost late to work, but it scarcely mattered. Work was totally dead the entire night. It got slightly steady during the usual 4-6 rush hour, then went back to being dead again. It took me all of 20 minutes to do the few returns. I was never so bored in my entire life. I thought my shift was never going to end.

No comments: