Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Beautiful Morning

It's remained gorgeous today, sunny, breezy, and in the 70s. When I woke up this morning, the clouds were gone, leaving nothing but blue skies. I slept slightly later than usual on a Saturday morning, but I still had plenty of time for Casey Kasem and American Top 40 re-runs on WOGL before heading out for this week's Farm Market run.

The Farm Market was busy as ever when I arrived around 10. The orchard booth was especially jammed today. I guess everyone wants those fall peaches and apples for their kids' lunchboxes. I didn't need a whole lot today, mostly fruit. I just picked up plums, peaches, apples, tomatoes, and honey.

Rode around for a little while after I left, looking for yard sales. I found one right away on the White Horse Pike. I had lemonade there, but there wasn't anything else of interest. After I got back from the Farm Market, I rode to the neighborhood behind the Oaklyn School and checked out two more. One was the same place I visited last week; the other was closer to the school on Ridgeway. Nothing I wanted at either place. I also stopped briefly at CVS to see if they had any Draino. I didn't like the price, so I moved on.

I got home around quarter after 11. I worked on editing this month's Monkees Role Play for an hour. After I finished that, I ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a peach for lunch. Finished watching Ponyo and ran a couple of Hello Kitty Furry Tale Theater cartoons after that, then swept the porch.

Work was steady this afternoon, far busier than it has been but not overwhelming. I imagine a lot of people are either having college football parties today or are getting ready for Sunday debut of NFL football tomorrow, including the first Eagles game of the year. (And I have to miss it - I work 3-7, and it's at 4:15. Bummer.)

I totally forgot about the Acme's Kick-Off Party today. There was a ton of food in the back room. I had a delicious brownie, a slice of chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, a shrimp, vegetables, and some kind of whipped cream trifle with angel food cake and strawberries. I also saw Spanish rice, a cheese and pepperoni tray, and a football shaped cake donated by the bakery.

I was so full when I got home, I decided to hold off on dinner and go for a walk instead after I changed out of my work uniform. It was a nice night for a walk. The breeze felt really good. I strolled down Goff Avenue and back down to the school, then over to West Clinton and down Woodland Terrace. The clouds had returned by then. Unlike yesterday, they weren't big, fat clouds. They were feathery and soft, like Mother Nature had just thrown on a blue, lavender, and gold silk cape. It was really nice.

No comments: