Friday, April 01, 2011

Little April Showers

It was snowing when I got up this morning, but it ultimately didn't amount to much. It never stuck to anything, nor was there enough to block anyone's view. When I was finally getting dressed and having breakfast, it was lightly showering again. By the time I was on my way to the Oaklyn Library, it was barely doing that.

I mostly organized books at the Oaklyn Library. The DVDs weren't too bad. For some reason, the kids' fiction picture books had a lot of non-fiction mixed in. I don't know how that happened. And someone messed around with the young adult series shelves. They were all out of order! Now I'll have to redo them again next week.

The rain was gone when I walked home, but the skies remained dark. I had leftover Tuna Casserole from last night while watching another Duke/Sach Bowery Boys movie, Looking For Danger. That's my favorite of the last seven movies, thanks to some nice action sequences and very funny gags that almost makes it seem like The Road to the Bowery.

I rode to work a little bit early to get my schedule. My hours for this week coming up are not bad at all. Not only do I have more of them, but the majority of them are earlier. I retain Tuesday and Thursday off as well.

Work was busy, not a surprise for the beginning of the month. I had a few mild problems with WIC Checks. Other than that and a mix-up with my relief that caused me to be almost late finishing, work went fine.

I had shopping to do when I finally did get off. The primary item this week was chicken. There's a big 40% off sale on chicken this week. I bought cutlets, skinless breasts, and legs. I also needed to restock apples (Granny Smiths are 99 cents a pound), grapefruit (3 for $1.99), powdered sugar, and oatmeal. Used a coupon and a sale and got more of those fancy Lipton teas that come in the pyramid-shaped bags. Got Wild Berry this time.

I bought a hoagie roll, too. I ate out enough this week and decided I preferred eating at home. I didn't get to my turkey hoagie and carrot stick dinner until 8:30, but at least I ate it in my own living room.

No comments: