Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Springtime Frolics

I slept in this morning. Ended up spending most of it reading Wicked and listening to my CD of the cast album. By the time I really got going, it was almost time for work.

I'm glad I did have the chance to pick up the mail before I left. Much to my surprise, as I haven't ordered anything from anywhere lately, there was a package for me in the mailbox. It turned out to be early birthday presents from Linda and James Young. (My birthday is a week from tomorrow.) They gave me the 1994 version of Little Women on DVD and a kids' adventure book called Nick of Time. I have the 1949 Little Women on video, but I like the 1994 version as well. And the book sounds like a lot of fun!

Work was on-and-off busy. It was much busier than it usually is on a Wednesday, thanks to the beginning-of-the month people. There were a LOT of annoying old ladies who give you six thousand orders on how to bag. Ladies, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! LET ME DO IT, PLEASE!

I was very happy when my relief showed up on time. I wanted to do a little shopping at the mall behind the Acme. I haven't had as much need to go back there since the FYE closed. I mostly want to save my clothes shopping for after my birthday, when I get more money. However, I really did need a new pair of spring work pants. The flannel-lined pair I had were going to be too warm for summer, and I really need two pairs. I ended up with a cotton drawstring cargo set. I hope they at least last the summer.

I had the last of the leftover tuna casserole at home while listening to the Xanadu soundtrack. Changed my sheets, too. The flannel sheets I bought from the Vermont Country Store are now too warm for the time of year. I was going to wash them last week, but I had enough laundry with the towels.

I also went for a nice little walk. I strode down Goff Avenue to admire the view from the boat landing, then down to West Clinton and up Manor. It had been windy and sunny all day, warmer than yesterday but not as warm as Monday. Clouds were starting to gather on the horizon as I hiked around the neighborhood as well. It's supposed to rain tomorrow; we'll see what happens.

No comments: