Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Tiring Day and an Unwanted Call

Thank goodness after all the trouble yesterday, work wasn't really much of a problem. It was dead when I came in at 9, but it quickly became on-and-off busy. While it did make the day go quicker, we're still short on help...especially since several baggers were given their terminating notices today. (Two of them already got new jobs!) I bought contact lens cases and unbleached flour during my last break, which allowed me to leave as soon as a manager came in for me.

It was still cloudy and windy when I went to work this morning. When I got out, it was gorgeous - sunny and windy, warm but not as bad as earlier in the week. Even so, my legs were killing me. I had debated going for a walk after work, but I ended up just hanging out at home, eating leftovers for dinner and reading A Song In the Dark.

The unwanted call came not long after I got out the shower. It was the guy I tried to fend off last year. He said he "found my number in his phone and decided to give me a call." Yeah, right. How dumb do I look? He just wanted a piggy bank and a roll in the hay again. I told him what I told him last year - no. NO, forget it, absolutely not. What part of "I am not interested, get my number out of your phone, go away," does this jerk NOT understand? I didn't feel any chemistry last year. I just felt confused - and now, I feel angry. I don't want any man right now, much less this one. I have no desire to bring another person into my life until I can figure out mine.

2 comments:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

Not really. I'm not proud of this now. We grappled, but that was it. It didn't go any further. :P