Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rainy Day Surprise

It was, once again, raining when I awoke this morning. I was going to go to the bank right away, but I held off for about a half-hour after breakfast. By quarter of 10, it was still cloudy, but the rain was down to sprinkles. I grabbed my umbrella and headed out.

The rain may have been driving every human nuts, but it's done wonders for the local plant life. I don't think I've ever seen the grass and trees such an amazing shade of bright green before. Everything smells so fresh and alive. The flowers are in hues that would make an artist's palette jealous.

The rain slowly died to a trickle as I continued my walk. As I headed home, it stopped all together. When I arrived, the umbrella was closed, though it remained cloudy and relatively cool. It stayed that way through the next hour or so. I watched the Dr. Seuss special The Lorax (to finish up yesterday's Earth Day festivities) and part of Dr. Seuss On the Loose, made lunch, and headed to work.

Work was busy all day, though never quite as bad as yesterday. The rapidly clearing weather and encroaching holiday had put most of my customers in good moods. There were no major problems. When I finished, I picked up a birthday present for my sister Rose (her birthday was two weeks ago, but I want to give her something better than a cake) and headed home.

Much to my delight, I stepped out of the Acme and into natural sunlight. Thunderstorms had been predicted for this evening, but there wasn't a cloud in the sky at 6PM. It stayed nice through the rest of the night. I had leftovers, finished On the Loose, and ran two Looney Tunes Easter specials, Bugs Bunny's Easter Funnies and Daffy Duck's Easter Egg-Citement. (The latter is only on DVD as a special feature on the Looney Tune Gold Collection Volume 6.)

Speaking of...for those of you who won't be able to get online tomorrow, I hope everyone who celebrates it has a great Easter!

No comments: