Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Woman With An Umbrella

It wasn't raining when I rode over to work this morning, just a little gray and damp. Work wasn't anything near as bad as the weekend and Monday. It was a little busy when I arrived at 11, and getting busier when I left at 4. Otherwise, it was quiet for the majority of the afternoon. I spent a lot of time helping the manager Sharon put away candy.

It was just start to rain very lightly when I rode home. The rain was so light, I decided I was tired of hiding from it. I changed shirts, grabbed my orange and brown umbrella, and went for a walk.

Headed over to Dad's to keep my promise to visit more often. Dolores was (ironically) just coming home from the Acme. Uncle Ken was watching sports; Dad was working on his guitar. He loves playing the guitar. It's his favorite hobby. We talked about Uncle Ken getting radiation treatment and about Dad's other favorite hobby, landscaping the pool area. He's just starting to clear the leaves from the pool patio and patch up some holes in the pool.

When I got home, I worked on Peanut Butter Meringue Cookies and on Ground Chicken Chili for dinner. I ran cartoons about birthdays and spring while I worked. In two early episodes of Sailor Moon S (Season 3), Serena is upset because she thinks her best friends and her boyfriend Darrien have forgotten her birthday. The girls and Darrien aren't the only ones who have big surprises for the birthday girl, though. A nasty villainess is after Serena's very pure heart...as are a set of mysterious unknown Sailor Soldiers who want pure hearts for a noble purpose.

Yogi Bear's surprise birthday was a tad less chaotic than Serena's. The "sponsor" has arranged a TV birthday party for Yogi, but they want it to be a surprise. Ranger Smith tells Yogi he's going to be on a TV special. Yogi takes music, dancing, and singing lessons, but he's just not more talented than the average bear. Yogi tries to flee initially, but is caught by a picnic basket. He rethinks his fear when the show turns out to be a tribute from not only Smith, Boo Boo, and Cindy, but most of the other Hanna Barbara funny animal characters, too.

Yogi and Snagglepuss were involved in two spring "love is in the air" stories. Yogi came out the better of the two. He finds himself having to compete with another bear for Cindy's affections...but Ranger Smith's not happy with the present he shows off to win her! Snagglepuss has an even harder time with a lioness who is supposed to be hiding from hunters, but ends up taking over his cave instead.

No comments: